The articles are admitted in Ukrainian and English in electronic form in the file format of MS Word or sent via email. The text must be typed in Times New Roman, font size 14 m, with intervals of 1.5 and standard margins of 2 cm each. The volume of material in this format is 8-16 pages (up to 30 000 symbols). All graphics should be efficiently and accurately recorded in black and white. Separate graphics files should be provided in MS Excel. Scanned or taken from the Internet and inserted into MS Word documents figures should not be used as they are not suitable for printing.
Figures and tables should have a title and number. Notes placed directly below the table, the source is indicated (compiled by the source or by author). In front of the tables there should be a reference to it in the text.
The essential elements of the article
- code “UDC” (top left) before the name of the author);
- Information about the author (in Ukrainian and English): last name, first name, patronymic of the author (authors) in Ukrainian and English, Academic credentials, Academic status, Position (full name of the department or other structural subdivision), Full official name of the organization (in Ukrainian, Russian and English), Legal address of the organization (in Ukrainian, Russian and English), E-mаіl to be printed in the journal, ORCID and/or ResearcherID.
- the title of the article (in Ukrainian and English);
- extended abstract in Ukrainian and English languages. It should be: informative (should not contain common words); original; meaningful (reflect the main article content and research results); structured (brief repetition of the article structure: subject, topic, aim, method or methodology, results, scope of results, conclusions); compact, but not less than 1800 characters without spaces, including keywords. It should have peculiar language of scientific documents, authors should avoid complex grammatical constructions (which are not used in scientific English); the terminology used should be specific to foreign special (sociological, economic) texts; to avoid terms which are a direct copy of the Russian-language concepts; and the unity of terminology should be kept within the abstract and in the text of the article;
- keywords (in Ukrainian and English);
- structural elements of the article: a clear statement of the problem; analysis of recent researches and publications; selection of the unsolved parts of the general problem that is considered; the formulation of goals and objectives; presentation of the basic content of the study and justification of the results with emphasis on the main and novelty; conclusions and prospects for further research in this direction. The references or cited sources are compulsory in the article (in particular, for numbers);
List of sources used (in order of reference in the text), is carried out according to National Standard of Ukraine DSTU 8302:2015. Bibliographic reference. General provisions and rules. Kyiv, 2016. 16 sec. (Information and documentation):
- for books – author, title, place of publication, name of publisher, year of publication, total number of pages;
- for journals – the author, article title, journal title, year of publication, number, pages;
- for electronic resources – author, title of the material on the website, the Internet address.
Examples of sources cited:
- Kolupaeva A.A. Inclusive education: realities and prospects: monograph. Kiev: Summit book, 2003. 272 p.
- Sidenko V. The City of New global challenges and their influence on the formation of social values. Ukrainian society. 2014. No. 1. P. 7-21.
- Garfield E. More on the ethics of scientific publication: abuses of authorship attribution and citation amnesia undermine the reward system of science. Essays of an information scientist. URL: http://www.garfield.library.upenn.edu/essays/ v5p621y1981-82.pdf
With the examples of the used sources can be found on ID “Akademperiodika” of the NAS of Ukraine: http://akademperiodyka.org.ua/docs/Posylannia.pdf.
In the text, the reference to the source number list should be placed in square brackets, indicating the page number (e. g. [1, p. 17]). References to textbooks, popular scientific literature, own publications are undesirable and are permitted only if relevant. If in the literature review or further in the text the surname of the scholar, his publication must be in the list of references after the article. Secondary citation is not permitted. If a scientist is cited, the reference should be to this scholar, not to the author, who mentioned him/her;
References – sources on this list should be translated into English and designed according to the international standard bibliographic APA-2010 standards (American Psychological Association (APA) Style: http://nbuv.gov.ua/node/929). Transliteration of Ukrainian into Latin is based on a Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine “On Regulation of Latin transliteration of Ukrainian alphabet” dated 27 of January 2010. Number 55. Latin transliteration of the Russian language is performed based on the interstate standard – GOST 7.79-2000 (ISO 9-95) “Standard system to information, bibliothecarial and publishing activities. Transliteration rules of Cyrillic writing in Latin letters”. Please, include a DOI in the list ot references wherever possible.
At the end of the translated sources the authors should add [in Russian], [in Ukrainian], foreign – [in English], [in Polish], [in German], etc. without a full point before or after the brackets. Foreign standards of bibliographic description do not use the punctuation used in ISO Ukrainian as “/”, “;”, “–”.
Important! Leave the names of foreign authors in the original writing or conventional Latin transcription – they should not be transliterated. English-speaking authors, translate cited Cyrillic sources. If you refer to the translation of foreign sources, the author’s name and title of the article should be submitted in original writing only if the original source data in Latin. In other cases, you should use the Latin transcription for writing the name of the author and transliteration and English translation for the title of the article.
References should include transliterated names of all authors (between surname and initials and surnames of the co-authors the comma should be places); year of the article in parentheses () if it is in the newspaper –after the year of publication, following with the comma, the date (day, month) should be indicated; transliterated title (in Italics), translated title of the article in English in brackets ; transliterated name of the journal (newspaper) and the translation of the name of the journal (newspaper) in English in brackets  (in Italics); issue (volume, issue) and the page – numbers separated by commas.
The description of books (monographs) should also include transliterated title in Italics, in brackets there should be an English translation; output data are marked in English. Besides the author, the editor(s) should be noted Editors provide Ukrainian translation of materials submitted in Russian for foreign authors. The author receives 1 copy of the journal. The publication of the article is free of charge.
Examples of References:
- Afonin, E.A., Balakireva, O.M. (2015). Functional readiness and competence of civil servants in Ukraine to exercise public administration in the context of democracy. Ukr. socìum – Ukrainian society, 1 (52), 7-22 [in Ukrainian]
- Marten, D., Metszher, Zh.-L., Pier, F. (2005). The sociology of globalization. Kyiv: KM Akademiia [in Ukrainian]
- Savchenko, A.M. (2015). Peculiarities of diagnostics of the crisis phenomena in the corporate sector of the economy. In V.F. Savchenko, T.L. Shestakovska (Eds.), Theoretical and practical aspects of socio-economic development of Ukraine: macro- and regional levels (pp. 56-71). Chernіhіv: Desna Polіhraf [in Ukrainian]
Attention! Due to the introduction of the DOI in the sources used list, name of the journal “Ukrainian socium” in References of our and other publications should be specified according to ISSN: transliterated and abbreviated – Ukr. socìum, in English – Ukrainian society. DOI digital identifier (if available) should be added to the sources, for instance:
The articles that does not meet the editorial requirements are not accepted.
If possible, it is recommended to indicate the funding sources for the study.